Formulated from an actual 18th century recipe; this cold cream was brought into the Regency era by the prolific use of floral essences popular in that period....mainly Damask, Floribunda, and Tea Rose. We have also added a shade of Gardenia butter and real pulverized pearl and silk powders.
Cold cream was a staple in every lady's toilette right up until the 1960's when it fell out of fashion. There is a reason why cold cream was a beauty staple right from the 11th century when it was invented by Greek physician Galen.....It works!! This cold cream is good for any skin type.
How to Cleanse With Cold Cream:
- Pull your hair back with a headband or clip. Scoop out a cherry size dollop of cream and apply to forehead, apples of cheeks, jaw line, neck and collar bone.
- Using your middle and ring fingers, start making small circle beginning at the forehead. Continue all along the hairline, work your way around your face paying close attention to areas prone to clog pores.
- Still using your middle and ring fingers, cleanse the neck and chest trying to avoid any downward tugging of the skin.
- Wet wipe or sponge with warm water (or you can leave it dry) and begin at the forehead again to gently wipe the cream off. Rinse the wipe several times during the wiping process.
- Lastly wipe the chest and neck, again avoiding any downward tugging of the skin.
Use any finishing skin products when done if you wish (toner or added moisturizer if desired.
Ingredients: Rosa Damascena Flower Water,Aloe Barbadensis Leaf ,Cocos Nucifera,Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil,Rosa Canina Fruit Oil,Stearic Acid,Emulsifying Wax,Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract,Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil,Silk Amino Acids,Parfum,Benzyl alcohol, Dehydro Acetic acid, Sorbic acid and Benzonic acid